VdS – Notified Body in accordens with CPR
VdS is a building authority-recognised certification body (notified body) in accordance with the EU construction products regulation (CPR) and registered under ID no. 0786.
VdS offers procedures for the assessment and verification of constancy of performance (system 1) in accordance with CPR during the course of a VdS recognition procedure for construction products to be used in fixed fire fighting installations.
Once the process has been positively concluded, VdS will issue a “certificate of constancy of performance”, which contains a table of all the essential characteristics of the harmonised standards used as a basis, in which all the confirmed performances declared and by the manufacturer can be seen.
Declaration of performance
Apart from a few exceptions, every manufacturer must draw up a declaration of performance (DoP) from 01.07.2013 onwards if a harmonised standard applies to the construction product. The “declaration of performance” replaces the former “declaration of conformity” for the construction products sector. All the essential characteristics which were specified in the hEN must be listed in the declaration of performance. A performance must be declared for a least one characteristic. Characteristics for which no performance is declared must be designated as “NPD” (No Performance Determined”).
CE marking services
In short: CE …
- is often entitled „passport for building products” to be placed on the EU and EFTA (European Free Trade Association) markets.
- stands for conformity with European standards, „Conformité Européenne“ – stating the product complies with EU safety laws. For most fire protection technologies, this needs to be assessed by a notified body like VdS.
- is not a quality seal but a legal requirement by the EU market authorities.
For your quick access to 1/6 of the global economy without any border restrictions, our experts can support you in speedily managing the complex certification work – saving you costs and even more time.
Notified according to EU Construction Products Regulation CPR, registered under ID 0786, we offer you +110 years of testing experience. Make use of our proven skills in successfully completing the entire CE process.
Details for easing your planning
CE is necessary if:
you wish to sell any product covered by a harmonised EU standard – which includes most fire protection technologies – within the European Economic Area EEA (the 28 EU countries + Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway). Also essential for selling in Switzerland, Turkey, Balkan states. UK fully accepts CE marking till the end of 2021.
How to get the CE mark
Responsible is whoever puts the product on the EU / EFTA markets, i.e. a manufacturer, importer, distributor, installer etc.
- Identifying the EU directive/s + regulation/s applying to your product + ensuring compliance.
- Checking if certification by a notified institute is necessary – for shortening your research: it is for most components used in FDAS, SHEVS or extinguishers.
- Conducting the conformity assessment, compiling a Declaration of Performance DoP according to the European Construction Products Regulation CPR including testing + risk assessment.
- Developing the required technical documentation.
- Affixing CE marking (required by EU legislation on product, packaging, literature).
Tick it all off easily – with VdS:
„Well-known“ are the complexity and extent of the CE process. Our experts will take care of all the required research, tests and verifications for you – and clearly ensure every legislative necessity is met. With quick support, one single contact person + our proven focus on efficiency.
Or you can choose the simplest solution: every single CE / CPR step is fully included in VdS-Approval, Europe´s No.1 Quality Seal for safety (costing around 20 % more than the sole CE procedure).
What we can do for you
Highly speeding up + easing all CE / CPR / DoP processes since most European safety norms have been written with strong VdS support. As our customers say: „VdS makes the standards applicable in the first place.“
- clarify for you exactly which directives and harmonized standards are relevant for your product.
- specify all product-related requirements, review the technical documentation – at much lower costs for you in total because due to doing this all the time, we deliver at highspeed.
- also support you with prototype testing to ensure right from the start + before costs arise all statutory requirements will be met. Bonus effect for you: the simplifying + streamlining of product design.
- offer you a wide range of additional services for optimizing your time-to-market; also with an office in Shanghai for reducing costs in auditing Asian factories.
- carry out the entire conformity evaluation procedure on your behalf (if you wish also directly in one process VdS, DIBt, ISO certificates), minimize liability risks and fully ensure you safely comply with all regulations.
Leave the laborious conformity work to us – so you can concentrate on the core achievements that make your products successful.
Want more detail? Here´s the “leaflet on test plans for CPR products” (VdS 3153en)
Products and standards
The NANDO Information System is used by the European Commission to provide information about the European member states, their notified bodies and about harmonise standards applicable to the Construction Products Regulations.